Friday, June 12, 2015

TWA:: 06.12.15

::Current Projects::

With the craft/studio room decluttered and feeling lighter I was ready to creating. I set out to make a cube style sock knitting bag and ended up taking a detour along the way to this fold down bag that can hold its structure. 

What I learned:
  • I still want to make a cube style bag
  • Using up a super old stash zipper is thrifty....but also leaves my project with a super old stashed zipper. I rubbed it with an old candle so things are moving along a little bit better. Maybe time to declutter the zipper stash a little further.
  • One piece of light interfacing between the layers was just right for a pliable bag that will stand up and hold its shape well.
  • The height of the bag is great for storing the sock needles straight up.


For knitting this week I turned started the heel on my 2nd sock which I have dubbed the Monogamy Buster. Named because this is the project that crossed me over the line from one project at a time to multiple cast on projects going at once. Having a small travel project like a sock is fun - I see the allure of multiple projects! Especially since my Mondo Blanket has gotten too big to really easily travel with.

::Reading::

::Photo Recap::

1.) snap dragons 2.) mushroom 3.) top of mushroom 4.) centaurea scabiosa 5.) nasturtiums 6.) tiny mushroom


::Links / Resources:: 

::Goals::



Photographing the pile of "someday" project supplies in my studio space. Then setting a deadline to complete them by or donate the pieces. Family movie night is happening soon as well as some outdoor hiking time.

No comments:

Post a Comment